Why do we process your personal data?
We assemble and process data in order to effectively fulfill our agreed upon deliverables aiming to meet your best interests and/or our customers. Additionally, we collect and process data to improve and secure the quality of ECIT products and services.
The data we collect and process comprises:
- Regular personal data
- Social security number
- Sensitive data
- Internet traffic data
- Location data from the internet, cell phone, GPS or camera
- Unique numbers of network devices
We collect your data for distinct purposes
We collect your personal data in correlation to a specific purpose or for legal business purposes.
This occurs when we need to:
- Fulfil your demand of products and services
- Customize our communication and marketing towards you
- Customize our partners’ communication and marketing towards you
- Manage and govern our business relations
- Fulfilment of legislations
We secure your consent before we process your personal data
We secure your consent before we process your personal data for the reasons mentioned above, unless we have legal grounds to collect them. We will inform you when such grounds are present, and our legitimate reasons for doing so. You agreeing to our private policy is optional, and you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
We only process relevant personal data
We only process data about you that is relevant in relation to the purposes defined above. The reasoning behind conducting your data is essentially to determine what information that is relevant to us. The same policy applies to the extent of personal data we employ. For example, we do not use more data than what is applicable for a specific purpose.
We only process necessary personal data
Our collecting, processing, and storing of your personal data is limited to only what is recognized as necessary information in relation to fulfilling certain purposes. Besides this, legislation can influence what personal data we collect and store, as it can be found unavoidable for our business operations. The nature and extent of personal data we process could also be found necessary to meet the agreements of a contract, or other judicial obligations.
We administer and update your personal information
We oversee that all personal data we process about you is not fabricated or misguiding. We also make sure that your data is constantly up to date. Our services are dependent on your data being correct and updated, therefore, we kindly ask you to inform us of any relevant changes in your personal data.
We delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary
When your personal data is no longer relevant or significant in regard to our initial reason for collecting, processing, and storing of it, we remove and delete the data.
We will not forward your personal data without your approval
If we seek to forward your personal data to third parties, for example, regarding marketing purposes, we will make sure to inform you and ask of your approval in advance. You are, at any time, allowed to object the forwarding. If we are legally bound to forward your personal data, your consent will not be requested. This could, for example, occur when authorities request personal records.
We protect your personal data
We have, and will continue to, consistently manage and perfect our measures of information in order to ensure full protection of your personal data.
- Organizational (specified instructions, routines, and processes)
- Technical (hardware and software systems and settings)
We are determined to ensure full protection of your personal data against deletion, loss, alteration, unauthorized access and publication, amongst other potential security violations.
Cookies; purpose and significance
When using cookies, we are obligated to inform you of the applications applicable to them, and the reason behind collecting information using them.
Your personal data rights
- You have the right to access your personal data at any time
- You have the right to receive information regarding what data we process about you, where it originates from, and for what purpose we use it, at any time. It is your right to receive information about how long we keep your personal data, and who, if applicable, has access to, and receives data about you.
- You can enforce your rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to get inaccurate personal data corrected or deleted
- If you believe the personal data we process about you is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. If this is the case, please contact us and advise us of the inaccuracies and how to correct them. In some cases, we obtain an obligation to delete your personal data. This applies, for example, if you repeal your consent. If you believe your data is no longer necessary in regard to the purpose we first collected it for, you have the right to request your data deleted. Please contact us if you believe your personal data is being processed contrary to the legislation or other judicial obligations.
- When requesting your personal data corrected or deleted, we will evaluate the demands and oversee if requirements are met, and if so, we will implement any changes or deletions immediately.
- You can oppose the processing of your data when it is not made mandatory by legislation. If your opposition is justified, we will make sure to cease the processing of your personal data.